Help Where You Need It Most
SIE’s top priority is to help you succeed. Here you will find information about academic advisers, degree plans, policies and procedures, course registration and tutoring.
The SIE undergraduate advisers assist students with questions about what classes to take, when to take them and how to pass them.
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., by appointment only through Trellis Advise.
Schedule an Appointment!
Academic Advisement Report
Please arrive for appointments with your academic advisement report in hand. To download a copy of your report, visit UAccess Student Center.
- Click on the My Academics tab
- Choose “View my advisement report”
- Click on “View Report as PDF” to print
Four-Year Plans. College Policies & Procedures, and Other Info
- The advised course sequences for a BS in systems or industrial engineering are available through the College of Engineering’s four-year degree plans.
- Visit the SIE Degrees page for prerequisite charts, lists of approved technical electives and transfer requirements.
- See the College of Engineering’s Policies and Procedures for answers to common academic questions.
- Declare or change your major by following these instructions from the college.
- UA Engineering Academic Advising provides contact information for all college undergraduate advisers.
You are responsible for all university information sent to you personally or over a listserv. For security purposes, always use your password-protected account through UA webmail. Read all UA email, especially messages from your academic adviser and Jim Baygents, associate dean for academic affairs.
Please email details to your academic adviser. Allow 10 business days for processing of faculty recommendations and up to three business days for all other requests.
Tutoring and Study Groups
Whether vector calculus is harder than you thought it would be, or you’re just stuck on a Physics 141 problem, the College of Engineering’s tutoring and study groups can help. With weekly sessions, all-day study-a-thons, test reviews and prep sessions for finals, these services help you make the grade.