Spring and fall of 2017 saw a lot of success stories for SIE undergraduates, who made impressive showings at Engineering Design Day, wrote award-winning papers and earned prestigious scholarships.
- SIE undergraduates were among the team members in Yuma who brought home the top prize at Engineering Design Day. Team 16062, featuring industrial engineering major Fatemah Alabdullah and systems engineering major Victor Cortez, won the Raytheon Award for Best Overall Design.
- Alex Beresford was the 2017 recipient of the A. Wayne Wymore Award, an excellence award given by the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering. Beresford is currently enrolled in the SIE accelerated master’s program.
- Kyel Powell co-authored a paper with his interdisciplinary capstone design team, and their work took second place in the technical paper division at the 2017 AIAA Region VI Student Conference.
- Engineering management major Brett Conway and systems engineering majors Alexander Marshall and Regdy Vera were among the 10 undergraduates awarded 2017 da Vinci scholarships by the UA College of Engineering.
- 2017 graduate Kelly Maroney was named one of the seven standouts from over 4,000 graduates from the UA class of 2017.
Photo: Team 16062, featuring industrial engineering major Fatemah Alabdullah and systems engineering major Victor Cortez, accepts the Raytheon Award for Best Overall Design at Design Day 2017.