Graduate students majoring in systems and industrial engineering have brought home some prestigious awards this year.
- Kris Drozd led a team of students from the UA and Milano Polytechnic to a third-place win this summer at the Astrodynamics Specialist Conference.
- Sara Khosravi was a top-six UA Grad Slam finalist for her presentation, “SmartWalk Assistance for Disable Pedestrians.” This is the second year in a row that SIE was represented in the final round.
- Alex Lee, a PhD candidate working with Wei Lin, received the National Institute for Transportation and Communities Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Grad students also made a showing at the 2017 Homecoming Poster Competition:
- 1st Prize: Yifei Yuan
- 2nd Prize: Seunghan Lee, and Sara Masoud and Bijoy Chowdhury
- 3rd Prize: Zuoyu Miao, Haomiao Yang and Krati Sharma
Photo: Grad Slam finalist Sara Khosravi, far left next to Larry Head, demonstrates her traffic signal app to a group in Anthem, Arizona, which is a UA-MCDOT testbed for assistive traffic technology.