Alumni of systems and industrial engineering put the department on the map for a slew of accomplishments in 2017.
Do you know outstanding UA SIE Alumni?
Please complete nominations for the 2018 SIE Alumni of the Year Award by Feb. 15, 2018. You can find more information and the nomination form on the front page of the SIE website. Direct questions to Mia Schnaible at 520.621.6551 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cindy Klingberg (class of 1988) was recognized with the 2017 SIE Alumni of the Year Award.
- Nurcin Celik (class of 2010 PhD) was a 2017 recipient of a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers – the highest honor bestowed by the U.S. government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers.
- Michael Popovich -- CEO and a member of Scientific Technologies Corporation's board of directors -- shared how a single request to build a custom immunization registry quickly shifted STC's focus toward public health.
- Ryan Kanto (class of 2007) was recognized with the College of Engineering Young Professional Achievement Award at the 2017 Engineers Breakfast.
- Tommy Ryan became a field grade officer in the U.S. Army.
- Edgar Rivera Morales (class of 2013) finished 4th in the high jump at the IAAF World Championships in London.
- Patrick Weber (class of 2015) won an innovation award at Daimler-Benz.
- Elena Jenkins and Trent Luchsinger (both class of 2014) won Up and Coming awards at Raytheon.
Photo: 2017 Alumni of the Year awardee Cindy Klingberg is flanked by Young-Jun Son, left, head of the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering, and Herb Burton, last year’s inaugural recipient, at a precommencement program in May.