Assistant Professor of Systems and Industrial Engineering
Assistant Professor, Statistics Graduate Interdisciplinary Program
His research focuses on industrial data analytics for engineering decision making and system performance improvement,using methodologies from applied statistics, data mining, machine learning and signal processing. Specifically, he has been working in the areas such as experimental design and analysis of computer simulations, engineering system monitoring, fault diagnostics and failure prognostics, statistical quality control for manufacturing processes.
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering
- Univ of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- M.S. Statistics
- Univ of Wisconsin - Madison
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- B.S. Automotive Engineering
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Assistant Profesor, University of Arizona (2017 - Ongoing)
- Assistant Profesor, City University of Hong Kong (2012 - 2016)
- Research Associate, University of Wisconsin - Madison (2011 - 2012)
Industrial data analytics;System informatics and applied statistics;Design and analysis of computer experiments;System fault management and prognostics;Statistical quality control
- Fan, W., Li, Y., Tsui, K. L., & Zhou, Q. (2018). A Noise Resistant Correlation Method for Period Detection of Noisy Signals. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SIGNAL PROCESSING, 66(10), 2700-2710.
- Fan, W., Zhou, Q., Li, J., & Zhu, Z. (2018). A Wavelet-Based Statistical Approach for Monitoring and Diagnosis of Compound Faults With Application to Rolling Bearings. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, 15(4), 1563-1572.
- Li, J., Xu, J., & Zhou, Q. (2018). Monitoring serially dependent categorical processes with ordinal information. IISE TRANSACTIONS, 50(7), 596-605.
- Li, Y., Zhou, Q., Huang, X., & Zeng, L. i. (2018). Pairwise Estimation of Multivariate Gaussian Process Models With Replicated Observations: Application to Multivariate Profile Monitoring. TECHNOMETRICS, 60(1), 70-78.
- Man, J., & Zhou, Q. (2018). Prediction of hard failures with stochastic degradation signals using Wiener process and proportional hazards model. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 125, 480-489.
- Man, J., & Zhou, Q. (2018). Remaining Useful Life Prediction for Hard Failures with Extended Hazard. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 34(5), 748-758.
- Man, J., Zhang, Z., & Zhou, Q. (2018). Data-driven predictive analytics of unexpected wind turbine shut-downs. IET RENEWABLE POWER GENERATION, 12(15), 1833-1842.
- Wu, Q., Zeng, L. i., & Zhou, Q. (2018). Phase I monitoring of optical profiles with application in low-emittance glass manufacturing. JOURNAL OF QUALITY TECHNOLOGY, 50(3), 262-278.
- Chen, X. i., & Zhou, Q. (2017). Sequential design strategies for mean response surface metamodeling via stochastic kriging with adaptive exploration and exploitation. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OPERATIONAL RESEARCH, 262(2), 575-585.
- Huang, X., Xu, J., & Zhou, Q. (2017). Multi-Scale Diagnosis of Spatial Point Interaction Via Decomposition of the K Function-Based T-2 Statistic. JOURNAL OF QUALITY TECHNOLOGY, 49(3), 213-227.
- Huang, X., Zhou, Q., Zeng, L. i., & Li, X. (2017). Monitoring Spatial Uniformity of Particle Distributions in Manufacturing Processes Using the K Function. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, 14(2), 1031-1041.
- Li, J., & Zhou, Q. (2017). A General Approach for Monitoring Serially Dependent Categorical Processes. JOURNAL OF QUALITY TECHNOLOGY, 49(4), 365-379.
- Wang, D., Zhou, Q., & Tsui, K. (2017). On the distribution of the modulus of Gabor wavelet coefficients and the upper bound of the dimensionless smoothness index in the case of additive Gaussian noises: Revisited. JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION, 395, 393-400.
- Li, Y., & Zhou, Q. (2016). Pairwise Meta-Modeling of Multivariate Output Computer Models Using Nonseparable Covariance Function. TECHNOMETRICS, 58(4), 483-494.
- Liu, Y. u., Shi, Y. i., Zhou, Q., & Xiu, R. (2016). A sequential sampling strategy to improve the global fidelity of metamodels in multi-level system design. STRUCTURAL AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY OPTIMIZATION, 53(6), 1295-1313.