Changxu "Sean" Wu
Professor of Systems and Industrial Engineering
Professor, Cognitive Science Graduate Interdisciplinary Program
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering
- University of Michigan
Dr. Wu is interested in integrating cognitive science and engineering system design, especially modeling human cognition system with its applications in system design, improving transportation safety, promoting human performance in user-centered human-machine interaction, and inventing innovative sustainable and smart energy systems with human in the loop.
- Wan, J., & Wu, C. (2018). The Effects of Lead Time of Take-Over Request and Non-Driving Tasks on Taking-Over Control of Automated Vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 48(6), 582- 591.
- Wang, L., & Wu, C. (2018). Effects of flare operation on landing safety: A study based on ANOVA of real flight data. Safety Science, 102, 14-25.
- Wu, C., & Wada, T. (2018). Introduction of the Special Issue of Human Performance Modeling: Prediction of Human Performance to Improve Productivity and Safety. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 63, 1-2.
- Zhuang, X., & Wu, C. (2018). Cross or wait? Pedestrian decision making during clearance phase at signalized intersections. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 111, 115-124.
- Zhuang, X., & Wu, C. (2018). Display of required crossing speed improves pedestrian judgment of crossing possibility at clearance phase. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 112, 15-20.
- Wan, J., Wu, C., Zhang, Y., Houston, R. J., Chen, C. W., & Chanawangsa, P. (2017). Drinking and driving behavior at stop signs and red lights. ACCIDENT ANALYSIS AND PREVENTION, 104, 10-17.
- Wu, C., & Wan, J. (2017). The Effects of Vibration Patterns of Take-Over Request and Non-Driving Tasks on Taking-Over Control of Automated Vehicles. International Journal of Human Computer Studies.
- Wu, C., Yu, D., Doherty, A., Zhang, T., Kust, L., & Luo, G. (2017). An investigation of perceived vehicle speed from a driver's perspective. PLOS One.
- Zhang, Y., Wu, C., & Wan, J. (2017). A human-in-the-loop wireless warning message notification model and its application in connected vehicle systems. JOURNAL OF INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, 21(2), 148-166.
- Zhang, Y., Wu, C., & Wan, J. (2017). Development and validation of a model to predict blood alcohol concentrations: Updating the NHTSA equation. ADDICTIVE BEHAVIORS, 71, 46-53.
- Ma, S., Zhang, J., Zhao, G., & Wu, C. (2017, Oct). Do Type 2 Diabetes Patients Have Declined Driving Performance During Non-Hypoglycemia? A Preliminary Simulated Driving Study. In Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting, 5 pages.
- Zhang, Y., & Wu, C. (2017, Oct). Learns to Integrate Mathematical Models in Human Performance Modeling. In Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting.
- Wu, C. (2018, July). Human Road Users and Autonomous Cars Interaction. Create 2018 Baidu, AI Developer National Conference. Beijing: Baidu.
- Wu, C. (2018, March). Drinking and driving detection system. International Conference on Innovation in Artificial Intelligence (ICIAI 2018). Shanghai.
- Wu, C. (2018, May). Keynote Speaker: “Modeling of User Performance with Applications in System Design”. The First International Meeting of Human and Technology. Hangzhou.
- Wu, C. (2018, Oct). Effects of Warning Characteristics on Driver Performance in Connected Vehicle Systems With Missing Warnings. HFES Philadelphia, USA, Oct 2nd, 2018.
- Wu, C. (2018, Oct). Modeling the Effects of Warning Lead Time, Warning Reliability, and Warning Style on Human Performance Under Connected Vehicle Settings. HFES Philadelphia, USA, Oct 4th, 2018.
- Wu, C. (2017, Oct). Do Type 2 Diabetes Patients Have Declined Driving Performance During Non-Hypoglycemia?. Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting.
- Wu, C. (2017, Oct). Learns to Integrate Mathematical Models in Human Performance Modeling. Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting.
- Wu, C. (2018, May). Tutorial of User Workload Measurement, The First International Meeting of Human and Technology.
- Best Paper Award
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Fall 2018